Southside Lacrosse League
2020 Fall Season
Boys Middle School Division
Grades 6 - 8
The Boys Middle School League is open to experienced players in grades 6-8. This is a competitive league and recommended for players who have played for at least one season or participated in a preparatory clinic. Games will be at the advanced beginner to intermediate experience levels.
The Fall Format is intended to be a fun, more relaxed season for players, with the primary goal of developing a "feeder" system into the local high schools to help grow the sport in our region. Practices are at the sole discretion of individual coaches.
Teams will be organized by High School zones as closely as possible. An experienced US Lacrosse Certified/background checked coach will be provided for each team.
Thursday Evening Games - 6:00 & 7:30 pm
September 10 - October 29
Princess Anne Athletic Complex
**All Games on Synthetic Turf Fields**
[$25 Late Fee after 08/17/2020]
Please note the uniforms are not included in registration fees.
The Middle School league is established as part of a larger plan to develop lacrosse players in a fun and safe environment while facilitating alignment with the spring High School structure
The key goals are to:
- Increase participation in Coastal Virginia.
- Develop a robust pipeline of players feeding into the high school teams.
- Encourage player affinity and awareness of their prospective high school team and future Coaches
- Afford a structure for high school coaches to assist in recruiting and player development in their zones.
- Play competitive lacrosse in a competitive format.
Practices and Team Management
- Practices at coaches discretion in local area (coaches responsible for procuring space) approximately 2-3 times per week depending on age
- Uniform is NOT included in registration fee
- Zoning will follow the area Spring High School League zoning rules as player registration supports
- All players and coaches must be current members of US Lacrosse.
- All coaches shall be US Lacrosse Level 1 certified at a minimum.
- All sideline participants must have a current background screen in place and have valid US Lacrosse Membership.
- US Lacrosse 14U Youth Rules
- League provides game balls
- Onsite Trainer or Paramedic
*League structure is subject to change based upon final player registration. Emphasis will be placed on aligning teams with their zoned high school club wherever practicable.