Thank you for your interest in coaching with Southside Lacrosse League!
To be considered as a Southside Lacrosse League Coach or Assistant Coach, you must complete the following courses through Step #3.
If your application is accepted, you must complete the remaining certification steps listed below. Southside Lacrosse League covers these US Lacrosse course fees. Coaches are responsible for their own US Lacrosse Membership fee.
Please note that your application does not guarantee a coaching position with Southside Lacrosse League. One of our Directors will be in contact with you regarding the status of your application.
LACROSSE COACHING CHECKLIST:
STEP #1: Active US Lacrosse Membership is required for the duration of the season.
- Click here to register or renew your US Lacrosse Membership.
- Coaches are responsible for their own US Lacrosse Membership fees.
- Please note that the name, address and birthday you enter must be the same for both your US Lacrosse Membership and your Southside Lacrosse League registration.
STEP #2: Click here to complete the Coaching Application, which will require that you to update your US Lacrosse membership number and will walk you through the required background check process.
STEP #3: US Lacrosse Level 1 Fundamentals of Coaching Online Certification
Use the Membership credentials you received from US Lacrosse to log in and begin your Level 1 Certification. (www.uslacrosse.org/coaches/coach-development-program/certification/level-1-certification).
STEP #4: US Lacrosse Level 1 Instructional Clinic
Click HERE for a listing of the upcoming listings on the US Lacrosse website. Contact your local administrator to find out if a live session will be available, or attend the PCA workshop at the US Lacrosse National Convention (free with convention registration). Some Level 1 clinics have PCA included, please check the USL website for information. Send proof of PCA completion to
STEP #5: Positive Coaching Alliance Double Goal Online Course
STEP #6: NFHS Concussion Course
STEP #7 (Boys only): How to Make Proper Contact in Boy's & Men's Lacrosse
You can always track what USL has on record by logging into your US Lacrosse Account.
Currently, once you earn Level 1 certification, you do not need to re-certify. To maintain current, non-expired certification, you simply need to:
- Keep your membership current by renewing every year—view your expiration date in your USL account.
- Renew your USL/NCSI Background Screening every 2 years after the first screening.
Important Notes & Reminders:
- Submitting a Coaching Application does not guarantee a Coaching assignment.
- Coaches & Assistant Coaches must be officially assigned to a team roster by a League Director.
- One Head Coach per team.
- Maximum of two Assistant Coaches per team during League games.
- All Coaches and Assistant Coaches must complete all base requirements, submit a complete application and be approved by the League.