Southside Lacrosse League
2020 Spring Season
Girls Middle School Division
The Girls Middle School League is open to experienced players in grades 6, 7 & 8. This is a competitive recreational league and recommended for players who have some prior experience playing.
Registration includes player jersey.
All players must be current members of US Lacrosse through 5/31/20.
March 21 - May 2
Princess Anne Athletic Complex
**All Games on Synthetic Turf Fields**
>> $25 Early Bird Discount for Players paid in full by 12/15/19 <<
[$25 Late Fee after 01/27/2020]
The Middle School league is established as part of a larger plan to develop lacrosse players in a fun and safe environment while facilitating alignment with the spring High School structure.
- Increase participation in Coastal Virginia.
- Develop a robust pipeline of players feeding into the high school teams.
- Encourage player affinity and awareness of their prospective high school team and future Coaches
- Afford a structure for high school coaches to assist in recruiting and player development in their zones.
- Play competitive lacrosse in a competitive format.
- Zoning will follow the area Spring High School League zoning rules as player registration supports
- All players and coaches must be current members of US Lacrosse.
- All coaches shall be US Lacrosse Level 1 certified at a minimum.
- All sideline participants must have a current background screen in place and have valid US Lacrosse Membership.
- US Lacrosse 14U Youth Rules
- League provides game balls
- Onsite Trainer or Paramedic
*League structure is subject to change based on final player registration. Emphasis will be placed on aligning teams with their zoned high school club wherever practicable.
Note: Where enrollment is sufficient league placement will follow the same zoning assignments as the Spring VA South Non-VHSL Club High School League. "Free Agent" players are welcome and will be assigned to a team with the closest available match to their school zone based on space available. If a team has multiple players but not enough for a stand-alone team, all of those players will be kept together to the extent possible.