STANDARD REFUND POLICY: NO REFUNDS
The Coastal Virginia Lacrosse / Southside Lacrosse League Refund Policy & Explanation of Terms is below. (Please note that Coastal Virginia Lacrosse / Southside Lacrosse League is henceforth referred to as the “League”.)
Explanation of Player Registration Fees
The League’s player registration fees covers the following items, though this is not a complete list: practice facilities; game facilities; facility insurance; game gear such as goals, goalie gear, balls and practice equipment; referee fees; operational costs such as office rent, staff, website maintenance, payment processing program and fees and administration costs; scoring staff / field marshalls; onsite Trainers / Medics; Coach training, certification and gear; Head Coach player registration or compensation, and more.
When a player withdraws from a program, a majority of the above costs have already been invested and can therefore not be refunded. This means that your registration fee does not just cover the cost of your child, but for his or her team and for the league as a whole to function.
As the League strives to keep player registration fees as affordable as possible in order to accommodate more players to grow the game of lacrosse in our region, the League budget is tightly monitored.
The League does understand, however, that unforseen situations may arise, such a change in Military Orders that require an unexpected move from the area, which requires that a player withdraw after registering.
To accommodate unexpected situations, Coastal Virginia Lacrosse / Southside Lacrosse League is pleased to offer the Regsaver(tm) optional insurance policy, which provides coverage for many common events that could cause a player to withdraw from a program. A partial list of coverage benefits are listed at the end of this page.
As explained upon registration, we highly encourage all families who are concerned about potential participation issues to opt into the Regsaver program. (Regsaver is provided by AIG and is not affiliated with Coastal Virginia / Southside Lacrosse League or Coastal Sports Management.) You can view a complete description of Regsaver coverage on their website, here.
If you purchased Regsaver Insurance, you do not need to complete this form. Instead, follow the instructions you received from Regsaver. However, a parent or legal guardian of a player withdrawing from a program must notify in writing a Program Director regarding any change in player's availability to participate. To notify us of a change in your child's ability to participate,
Please note that the League will not in any case issue refunds or credits for any situation that is covered by Regsaver insurance.
Cancellation Requests for those who did not purchase Regsaver Insurance
The League is not obligated to issue refunds or credits for any situation.
If you did not purchase Regsaver and believe that you have an unusual situation justifying consideration for a refund, please read the following information thoroughly and then click here to submit your Refund Request. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All refunds must be requested via this form only (not via email, over the telephone or in person).
- Coaches are not authorized to offer or respond to requests or program credits.
- All refunds requested and approved are subject to a non-refundable $25 administrative processing fee.
- It may take up to 30 days (or longer during peak League activity) to process approved refunds or credits.
- Refunds requested and approved less than 15 days prior to the Program Start Date are subject to a $50 administrative fee. The initial Roster Reservation fee is non-refundable.
- There will be no refunds after the first scheduled Program training session or game.
- Refunds may only be requested by a Parent or Guardian registered on the Player Account.
- Late Registration fees will not be refunded.
- The Program will not grant refunds or prorated fees for missed practices or games due to late registration.
Sometimes there are circumstances which cause the League to cancel sessions or games, such as inclement weather, facility closures, etc. These situations are rare, but completely out of our control. Should such an instance occur, the League will make its best effort to reschedule, though this cannot be guaranteed. Since such a situation would be outside of the League’s control, there will be no refunds issued.
Additional Notes Regarding Considerations
Refund requests may be considered for an unusual cirumstance on the basis of unplanned changes made by the Program which:
- causes significant scheduling conflicts to game or tournament dates after registration; and
- are less than 30 days prior to the first scheduled event.
- This does not apply to weather postponements, rescheduling or circumstances that are outside of the League’s control (see above)
Program refunds will not be granted for the following reasons:
- Any situations covered by Regsaver insurance
- Unhappy with team assignment
- Weather cancellations or circumstances that are outside of the League’s control (see above)
- Decision to join another lacrosse team or league
- Scheduling conflicts with another sport, job or other optional activity
Any refunded amount will be contingent upon:
- Proximity of time to Program Start Date
- Reason for your request
- Reason you did not purchase Regsaver insurance
In the event that the League applies a Courtesy Credit to an account, that credit may be applied within one calendar year toward any Coastal Virginia / Southside Lacrosse program. Courtesy Credits are not transferable as monetary reimbursement.
Refunds that are approved will be returned in one of the following ways, at the sole discretion of the Club:
- Program Credit – Credit will be placed on player account to allow those funds to be used for a future Program.
- Credit / Debit Card Return – If the registration was paid with a credit or debit card, the amount will be returned to that card’s account. Credit and debit card returns will only be returned to the card originally used for Program Registration.
- We are unable to issue a check for any registration paid via a credit or debit card.
Below is partial information regarding coverage benefits offered by Regsaver, excerpted from the policy on the Regsaver website. To read the entire policy, please click here.
[Regsaver] will reimburse the Insured a benefit, up to the Maximum Limit shown in the Schedule if an Insured cannot attend or complete the Event due to any of the following Unforeseen events:
(a) Sickness, Injury or death of an Insured, Family Member, Traveling Companion, or Business Partner;
(1) Sickness or Injury of an Insured, Traveling Companion, or Family Member traveling with the Insured, must be so disabling as to reasonably prevent the Insured from attending the Event or that results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing the Insured’s completion of the Event;
(2) Sickness or Injury of a Family Member not traveling with the Insured must be so disabling, as certified by a Physician as to reasonably prevent the Insured from attending the Event or they require the Insured’s immediate care;
(3) Sickness or Injury of the Business Partner must be so disabling as to reasonably prevent the Insured from attending the Event in order to assume daily management of the business. Such disability must be certified by a Physician.
(b) the Insured’s or Traveling Companion’s Primary Residence being made Uninhabitable or Inaccessible by Natural Disaster, vandalism or burglary;
(c) the Insured, Traveling Companion or Family Member is called to active military service or as a reservist, firefighter, or police staff; to provide aid or relief in the event of a Natural Disaster, or military leave is revoked or reassigned;
(d) the Insured or Traveling Companion has Complications of Pregnancy. Complications of Pregnancy must occur after the Insured’s effective date of coverage and can be verified by medical records;
(e) the Insured or parent or legal guardian if the Insured is a Child has an involuntary employer-initiated transfer within the same organization of 250 or more miles that requires the Insured's Primary Residence to be relocated. Notification of the transfer must occur after the effective date of coverage;
(f) the Insured or Traveling Companion is the victim of a Felonious Assault within 10 days prior to the Start Date or during Event. No coverage is provided for Felonious Assault committed by another Insured, Family Member, Traveling Companion or Traveling Companion’s Family Member.
Cancellation Benefit: The Company will reimburse the Insured for the full Forfeited, pre-paid Event Cost if he/she cannot attend the Event due to any of the Unforeseen events shown above.